Should you talk/check with an Attorney

Small claims court is typically called “The People’s Court” where a lawyer is not needed, HOWEVER…consulting with an attorney can identify other opportunities to collect additional monies for damages for various other law violations you may not be aware of.

You may want to contact your local referral services or your local state bar association. Low income families may be eligible for free legal assistance from local legal service offices or law school clinic programs.


Suing a collection agency is meant to give you closure and pay you damages for legal violations that you must point out to the judge.

Too many consumers run into court if they were just inconvenienced once or twice and have NO DOCUMENTATION to back up their story. It’s your word against theirs so documents showing numerous harassing phone calls after they were sent a cease and desist letter requesting them to stop is the magic bullet you need.

The information contained on this website is not meant to replace the advice of an attorney.

Questions? Call Now! (469) 424-3031